Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Dog Climbed Into the Bath Tub



During the night I fell asleep early,
then wandered between 12:00 and 2:00
watched a little bit of late night T.V.
played on the computer
then tossed and turned
tried sleeping on the couch
but came back to bed.  

The dog was spread 
out
on my side and didn’t move
when I told him to get off,
so I squeezed in beside him. 

There was room for me
if I laid on my side
I quickly fell asleep and dreamed
about my oldest son and his family.

It was time to take a bath
and we climbed into the tub
the water was warm and clear,
conversations were playful.

The dogs were watching
from the floor and then my dog
stepped in, causing a commotion


we told him to get out,
he laid down for a little while
then climbed back in again.

This time we let him stay
he seemed content to be part of the group
their dog, a Dalmatian, joined in. 

I woke up the next morning
still laughing at the experience
everyone was so excited
to have everyone in the tub. 

I remembered
how the dogs forced themselves in
and how good they smelled
once they were cleaned.

I wonder what could it mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment