Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Bit-O-Honey



Wrapped in a red, blue and yellow paper
twisted on each end nice and neat
a little bit of honey in a mouth-size treat

can suck it until the nuts fall through
but I always start to chew too soon
causing it to stick to my teeth,

sometimes I can’t even open my mouth
afraid it will pull my teeth from my jaw
it is gone too soon then I have to endure

the sounds my sister makes while she takes her time
savoring the flavor knowing the longer she keeps it
the longer she can torment me, occasionally

blowing in my face so I get a whiff
of that tasty taffy, then she runs away,
once almost choking on the juice

trickling down her throat, falling into a coughing fit
causing us to be scolded for being so silly,
things settle down ‘till the next time 
we get a bit-o- honey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment