Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Favorite Number

















My favorite number is four.
I like the way it is spelled,
and the way it sounds,

and how it can be written

several different ways
and still say four.

The word, with different spellings,
has several meanings as well;
four, for, fore, and it can be added to words
as a prefix and become new words;
forehead, foreshadow, foretold, forearm.

I like that it can be divided by two
and when it is multiplied by an odd number
it makes and even number, 4x5=20, 4x3=12, 4x9=36.

It is the only number that forms a triangle,
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9.

I like it by itself or with another number
and how it changes its name with
different place values; fourteen and forty

It is the best number
and so I choose it whenever I’m asked,
“What is your favorite number?”

I always answer, "The number four."

No comments:

Post a Comment