Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last Night’s Dream



















I woke up from a dream this morning
I was at a meeting at work,
which was strange since I’m retired,
but the mood was sinister.
Secrets were whispered
and the leader was
forcing her own agenda.

I slipped out of the meeting unnoticed
and met with a coworker
in the privacy of her car,
She said, “It’s really gotten bad
nothing is like it used to be,
I feel scared, I don’t know what to do.”
There was nothing I could say to comfort her.

I returned to the meeting
and saw a blue candle appear on the table
the image of the Virgin Mother burned
a golden hue, and I felt the peaceful warmth
of a mother's love. I knew that prayer
was the only solution to the trials that were ahead.
The message was clear, “Mary loves us and through her
we can transcend suffering and be closer to God.

Upon awakening I knew the rosary
was the necessary tool for the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment