Saturday, March 20, 2010

In The Pursuit Of Love

After reading news about Sandra Bullock I reflected on her predicament.
















I want him, I must have him
I will get him, no matter the cost.

Easily said, but what indeed
is the cost?

For the love of another,
I must win trust,
affection and desire.

If one element is missing
no commitment will follow.

A visit to the local
potion maker, a wish upon a star,
a bargain for my eternal soul,

are used in popular fiction
with varying levels of success
but in reality they remain fiction.

In the relentless chase for the one I want
I try to break down his resistance,
but in today’s courts,
I could be arrested and added
to the list of fatal attractions.

So what do I do?
I must learn to charm him
and keep him in pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment