Monday, May 13, 2013

Generations of Mothers

It is interesting to trace 
generations of mothers 

my father was his mother’s favorite
my mother orphaned when she was young
attempted to become a super mom
wanting what her mother-in-law created


a house full of children but sometimes
she became overwhelmed didn’t know 
how to create order from chaos 
always seeking that magic touch to let
every child know they were loved. 

\

I restricted my family to two plus one
they got along most of the time
found that large extended family
through my work but in the end
it was my children who gave me 
the greatest happiness


















and the grandchildren they brought
through the women they married,
strangers in every way 
except, they are the mothers
of my grandchildren and as a result
sacred in a special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment