Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Indigenous People
















My line comes from the indigenous people
native, aboriginal, and local home-grown
I live like a tumor somewhere in your brain
a pain deep inside your gut
a migraine that takes you to your knees

I live in the collective consciousness
I am the guilt for your terrible sin.
The Jews who suffered from the Holocaust
demanded retribution and monuments

to acknowledge the offense committed against them
but my people wander, still disorientated,
relegated to desert lands, intoxicated and drugged
watching your children reap the benefits of your crime.

The Earth people with brown and red skin
ask you Great Spirit, "What is your plan?
When will you free us from this suffering
and deliver us back to our sacred lands?

Cha ching! Maybe we'll hit the jackpot this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment