Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Death Watch

















The vultures waited for her tears
then stretched out their claws,
spread their wings, and with curved beaks
took the silver drops from her cheek.

They carried these treasures
showing them off, telling of their conquest
revealing her grief and using her story
as a highlight for the evening news.

She caught on and detested their game,
hated their deceit for reaching out to her
with a pretense of sympathy
aggressively filling their own appetites.

She loathed them for their hunger
and need to deceive
she would not be a part
of their gluttonous feast.

“You cannot satisfy your desires
because I'm weak
Don't use your obscenities to exploit me.

I beg you to leave sacred and private
those things that are mine.
Don't pull, and peel, and grab.

I’ve given but you keep coming back
with your cold stinking faces
and your foul smelling breath
you steal, and rip, and tear.

Get away, you cannot have me.
There is nothing about me
 for the taking

Just leave me alone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment