Sunday, January 26, 2014

Consumed



Fires in
Southern California
consumed
All that I could acquire
leaving nothing but ash.

After this experience I went on a cruise
Where I consumed too much food
too many activities consumed my time
Traffic consumed natural resources 
Vendors consumed my dollars.

The tour guides consumed with knowledge
History of their country, to give me a taste their culture
Since tourist's consumerism
Is the second most important resource for local business.
I was consumed me with a sense of wonder and a longing
To see more, to learn more, to sample foods and to meet people
And... to come again.

I was consumed with appreciation for the visit, grateful to be home
Consumed with fatigue and pleasant memories

Knowing that the Pyramids will never be consumed and will last forever.
er.

No comments:

Post a Comment