Thursday, June 4, 2009

Paintings

This looks like art but it is a splatter design when I dropped a bowl of red hot New Mexico Chili on the floor. It reminded me that I wanted to learn to paint.


Here is an acrylic I did on my own and decided I needed lessons.

This was the first lesson a black and white acrylic with a focus on values. The glare behind the middle apple is created from the reflection of the flash and is not part of the painting.


My first painting in color taken from a magazine picture.



I really like the water in my second picture. I think I'm getting the hang of working with water soluable oils.


This still life I'm still working on. The picture looks like I've got to straighten out the water pump but I think it is the angle of the canvas when I measure it things are straight. I do need to get more contrast as well as add items to the foreground.

1 comment: