Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dreamscapes

















Two nights ago I had a dream of my
sister and me standing in my first home.
A hole, the size of a bathtub drain
opened in the floor and the house

started to fill with water, we walked
outdoors where my two grandsons were
standing the younger one opened the back
gate and a wave of water five feet high,

threatened to wash him away.
I moved quickly and slammed the door
then moved him away from danger.
Woke up feeling melancholy, the weather

overcast and gloomy. Couldn’t shake
the feeling of impending doom.

News reports about Midwest floods wrecking
havoc. Two days ago my aunt Margaret died,
she was the last of my mother’s sisters.
I’ve also watched the Katrina aftermath
so my head is filled with images of flooding.

With my dreams there is no clear sense of
what they mean, but they do seem to be a call
for prayer: “Please bless my family, keep
them safe and healthy. Bless all the

people in the world and if possible let
this sense of foreboding pass from me.
Let miracles be abundant and your blessings
reign upon the earth. I ask these things of you

oh lord, in humble supplication. Amen.”

Evening News: Super cell tornados wiped
out areas of Alabama, Mississippi and other
southern states. Death count, 100 and rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment