Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hollywood Sign

















I remember seeing it from the freeway for the very first time
heart racing wanting to get up close
to those big white letters, each a billboard on their own
spelling out the name of the city, HOLLYWOOD.

So many hours in dark theaters dreaming about becoming a star
and here below that famous sign I prayed to make it a reality.
My teachers in Boise said I was good, took the lead in all
the school plays. I could project my voice,
cry on command and was one of the prettiest girls in town.

The back seat of my VW bug was packed with maps
so I could take in the sights, find a place to live
then get down to the business of being discovered.
My reflection in the passenger window
of my classic bug screamed, "S -T -A -R!"

No comments:

Post a Comment