Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dream Catcher


















Dreams sometimes come unexpected
like when I touch a piece of sculpture
and long to be the artist,
watching a family play together
and wanting that same happiness,
reading about distant lands
and seeing myself on those streets.

Dreams come and go
some fulfilled right away
others delayed until later
leaving an ache in my heart
until they are satisfied.

I’ve been told that we
are created with a blueprint
of who we are and those longings are imprints
of the future we are meant to live.
Our talents are gifts from god
as part of his plan.

Yesterday I made a dream catcher
woven from sinew
decorated with leather and feathers

I hung it above my bed
to catch those dreams that inspire me
ensnare the ones that frighten me

so my waking hours
are filled with productive work
not crippled with fear and doubt
so I can live out
what my life is suppose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment