Saturday, January 21, 2012

Couch Potato Hero

















It easy to know the right thing to do
while watching disasters on T.V.

"I would have stopped the terrorist
from flying those planes
into the towers if I was on board."

"I would have been one of the first responders
running into the burning building after the explosion."

"I would use my bare hands
to locate survivors after the earthquake."

"I can be counted on to do the right thing
in every emergency."

"I believe in honor, obligation and duty

not like that guy whose time in Iraq,
left him broken, he saw too much death

got separated from his soul
killing the enemy is no longer his number one priority."

"Why are they taking him away in handcuffs?"

"It was his duty to protect the American people."

"Yesterday I jumped into the ocean
to save a young swimmer...

today our bodies
washed up on the sand...

being a hero is a lot harder
than I thought it would be. "

No comments:

Post a Comment