Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Love Weekends

















I love the time after hours of work
two days of freedom at the end of the week

if I plan my time right
I'll have plenty of hours for pure delight.

Sleep in late, then a leisurely breakfast,
theater and lunch with writers and cast,

a game of baseball at the local park
visit family and friends before it gets dark.

The next day will be more of the same
read the newspaper, play board games,

catch up on my favorite shows,
toss out the trash and wash my clothes.

The weekend ends much too soon
I must say good night to Sunday’s moon.

Monday morning arrives too early
I always wake up growling and surly.

How can I get through the following week?
By making plans right now as we speak.

I'll prepare for the weekend before it arrives
with something to look forward to... I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment