Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snake Dream

















I had an ache in my heart
the pain overwhelming,
reached in through my chest
and discovered a snake
marked with a diamond pattern,

I picked up the tail
and tugged and pulled
until it was free
it’s mouth clamped
to the end of longer snake,

a dark color blue
I pulled that snake out
the next one was purple,
I did it again and again
removing eight snakes in all.

The final one had a stone
inside his mouth but dropped it
when I got him free.

I reached down into my heart
to retrieve the rock
a dark black color
I cut it out with my knife

then it turned a ruby red,
with the glimmer
of that precious jewel.

When I carved it into a rose
the pain in my chest subsided.

The next day I got word my older brother died
He was the oldest of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment