Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blurry Vision



I was eleven when I noticed the world had a glow
saw an infused light in anything bright
at one point I thought it was god
trying to communicate through the candlelight 


but the 
optometrist said it as an astigmatism 
and could be corrected with eye glasses,
not what I wanted to hear when I was turning twelve
now with my vision corrected god disappeared 


New lessons teach me clarity is my friend
I get a headaches when I take my glasses off
and the world became fuzzy again 


but Van Gogh created his masterpieces
from his distorted vision
those swirls of color were god revealing
secrets in ordinary settings
making them magical and mysterious
for the uninitiated. 

Now with a paint brush in hand
I put my glasses aside
let my eyes see what there is to see
and trust others will revel in the opportunity


to experience splashes of color without straight lines
a flow of energy erratic and expressed
on a canvas that hangs in a gallery
with the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment