Monday, June 27, 2011

You’re A Thief!

















“Did you take my paint brush?”
the teacher shouted.

“You used it a minute ago," I said.
"There it is on the table behind you?”

A few minutes later he thought I took
his sample picture, hid it away in my bag.
I reminded him he had picked it up earlier.

I wondered to myself, “What makes him think
I’m a thief? Is it because I’ll take his ideas
and use the examples he offered for a fee?"

The best workshops are designed so students
imitate what they've learned and create something
of their own. Thoughts and skills inspired
by a teacher are the aims of every master.

Before the day was through
he asked, “Where’s my painting? Someone took
my painting.” I pointed to where he left it.
He grumbled something under his breath.

I walked away wondering,
"Why does he think
I’m a thief?"

No comments:

Post a Comment