Saturday, October 31, 2009

GHOSTS

















I don’t believe in ghosts,
because I KNOW they exist.

I feel them float
in my room at night
and stand around my bed.
My stomach aches,
I start to shiver,
even though the temperature
is seventy degrees or better.

At first they appear
like dark shadows,
or wisps of spider webs
and then they start to moan
and I am completely awake
and feel that awful sensation
of fear crawling on my skin.

Sometimes I recognize a face,
like an image projected
on a movie screen.
My uneasiness subsides
and we talk about gossipy stuff...
nothing that will change the world.

With the first hint of sunlight
they fade away and I am weary
so I fall dead asleep
and do not wake
until my husband shouts,
“Get up you lazy bones,
get out of bed!”

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment