Thursday, August 13, 2009

Extreme Make-over

This is an example of a cut-up poem. To create it you have to
cut-out words or phrases from a magazine or newspaper.
Take these words and fill-in the poem with your
own words. The italic words are the cut-up ones.
















I was ambushed,
grabbed, then thrown kicking
and shouting
in front
of a three way mirror.

Shocked – I was a wreck of course
the hardest part,
I was wearing flowers on my
blouse, skirt and hair.

I giggled and then cried,
“I need the blossoms to counteract
the winter in my mind,” I sighed.

The make-over artist
gave me a mischievous grin
then led me to the racks

of tamer classics allowing
me to add a splash of lilac and rose
for quirky self expression.

With this transformation
I’ve blossomed with confidence

making a healthier
fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment